want to switch it up.. what else can i do with hamburger meat?

im tired of the same ole, hamburger helper, spaghetti or meatloaf. im not very creative when it comes to beef, im better with chicken. lol. but i took out beef this morning and want to make something different, any ideas? i have to make a quick store run so if your recipe calls for something i dont have.. i can possibly pick it up while there.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you could make SOS....you brown the hamburger with some garlic, salt and pepper...drain off the grease and add a packet of lipton onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of milk....cook til it thickens up and then serve it over mashed potatoes......
    BlandBaby

Answer by BlandBaby at 4:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Chili OR Tacos
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 4:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A ground beef pot pie my hubby loves is tasty and easy. Just get a ready to use pie crust or pie shell. Cook the ground beef, drain off the grease, add a can of beef gravy and peas/carrots and put it into the pie shell....top it off with slices of swiss cheese and cook about 20 minutes. My husband asks for this ALL the time.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Here's something I learned from the Foodnetwork. It's called an inside out burger where you stuff the inside with cheese of choice. It really is a change from a regular burger. When you bite into the burger it's supposed to be gushing with your favorite flavor cheese.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Mexican casserole

1 lb. ground beef, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 lb. ve,velveeta, 1 pk. taco seasoning, 1 can rotel, 1 box rice-a-roni ( chicken)
    prepare rice a roni as directed on box, brown beef and add taco season. Mix together cheese, cream mushroom, rotel and
    microwave cheese til melted. Mix it all together, pour in pan and top with crumbled reg. doritos. Bake at 350 for 10 min. My
    kids love it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• tnm.....and lol just in case you didn't know what SOS stands for....it's a military dish SOS stands for Shit On a Shingle
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• actually you just fill the can that held the soup with regular milk....it is a quick easy dish that warms your tummy and totally fills you up!!!!
    BlandBaby

Answer by BlandBaby at 5:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I hate meatloaf, but I love teryaki, so I made teryaki meat loaf. SOOO YUMMY
    mommymeof3

Answer by mommymeof3 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Loose meat sandwiches,
    ground beef
    1 cup chicken stock
    Worcestershire sauce
    onion- chopped fine

Brown meat/add chicken stock and simmer ( about 15 min)

I serve on wheat bread w/mustard.
    The kids like it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• blandbaby, that sounds yummy! by a can of milk, you mean condensed? can i just use a cup of 1% milk in its place?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010