What are age appropriate gifts for an 8 year old?

.... Boy, likes books and sports and legos

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe the start to a book series? I know the boxcar childrens books are very kid friendly and easy to read but they are a bit bigger so it takes longer than 10 minutes to read. You might also look into something like an erector set.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son is 8 and he loves anything Cars or Toy Story (books,legos.hotwheels/matchbox).He also likes to read and I'm finding many good books (we don't do things like harry potter etc...) Box Car Children would be good...Legos are a favorite,along with matchbox/hotwheels(he doesn't care which).my son also likes GeoTracs and has asked for a skateboard(helmet and pads would be a must),a basketball,a baseball "for at the park with dad next spring" for Christmas.Oh,and I taught him how to play marbles this summer and he loves that as well as various board games...
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 2:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You could get him some Lego sets. Or a good stocking stuffer would be Lego crayons. :) http://www.nelliebugs.com/item_62/Lego-Inspired-Crayons.htm
    i.heart.rachel

Answer by i.heart.rachel at 1:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, as well as the Guiness books. He also loves lego sets, there are so many good ones out there. If he likes sports, what about footballs or basketballs, pads and helmet for bike or scooter, stuff like that?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• well i have two younger sons and they love video games like the dsi and if you wanna take him and his buddies out to the movies there goin bannnas about the new movie harry potter
    misssweetlove

Answer by misssweetlove at 7:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2010