is your child affectionate?

my 4 year old is super affectionate. she just came up to me, wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back. she's always hugging and kissing me, and it's so nice! i just wonder where she gets it, her bio-dad is a POS and i was not a very loving child myself. i was infact quite mean to my mom thru-out my childhood, something im not proud of today but have corrected my mistakes. anyway i just wonder where she gets her sweet side from, she has her moments just as everyone else does but most of the time she's just so loving! she's like that with her sisters and friends too, if her best friend does something good when they play she'll hug her and say "GREAT JOB!" and tell her she loves her lol! what an awesome kid!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So nice to have a smile on my face from reading a post!! You certainly are doing something right! Now remember all of this (maybe write it down?) when she hits puberty!! :) Enjoy! and to answer the question........one of my sons is very affectionate and not afraid to show me even though he is 31 years old now!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, gosh..YES! My Son is the sweetest and most affectionate Kiddo you will EVER see, and always has been (He is nearly 3 1/2). He gets it from His Daddie. =] I am so blessed to have such loving Men..They both tell me "I love you" and give me hugs and kisses countless times daily - and They get all of the above just as much in return! I love Them so much.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• He's very affectionate. He loves to be cuddled and snuggled.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes all my kids are very affectionate. I am not I do hug my kids alot but am not touch to other people
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, VERY, VERY much. Almost to the point where it can be overbearing sometimes. But, im very glad she is affectionate!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My oldest son never was. He hated to be hugged or kissed or even held as a baby. The only person he voluntarily kisses now is his girlfriend! (he lets his little sisters kiss him on the check but you can tell he doesnt like it). He tells me he loves me all the time though & we get on very well. That's just the way he is. My other son is very affectionate even at 16. He always hugs me & kisses me when I see him (he lives w/ his father out of state). My girls are all very huggy & kissy too. Esp. my 4 yr old.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not so much. His autism makes him resistent to affection. He'll allow me to hug and kiss him. I'm sure part of it is that he's 9.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• YES!!!!! OMG! DD is sooo affectionate I LOVE IT!!! I always hear how she's so sweet and cuddly but for the first 2 years of her life it was just me and her.... we lived 1500 miles away from any family, DH was deployed so we have an incredibly close bond and are VERY VERY affectionate!!! Even sitting somewhere eating she slowly scoots herself into my lap and hugs/kisses/smiles at me and even tries to feed me! Or we'll be watching tv, she turns and looks at me then says "mommy, I LUV YOU!!!" and giggles! I love this age!!! If I could I'd hold her all day on the couch and just snuggle!!!! Boy do I love her!! Otherwise, I'm VERY stand offish....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my 3 year old is "verbally" affectionate, she doesn't do the hugs and kisses, but won't stop with saying "good job mama" when i manage to pee in the toilet, or dress myself! ha~!
    my 2 year old is all about hugs and kisses, snuggles, and back rubs... when i come home from working (i'm gone all of 3 hours) she will sit there and caress and rub my face as if she hasn't seen me in years...
    don't get me wrong, neither are unfriendly or uncaring... just affectionate in 2 very different ways... and i LOVE it!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That s sweet and my daughter is that way too. It was actually one of the things her pre school teacher just told us we need to help her work on. I guess she is hugging kids in her class and they are not completely comfortable with it. I feel bad having to tell her she cannot just go and hug everyone and be that way.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010