What is the best thing to have on a regirsty now a days????

im four weeks from finding out the sex of my baby to be! but i have nothing to do so im making registries, with just basics such as diapers and bottles and such.. and the question popped in my head.. what is the most used or most needed thing for newborns these days????

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• swing chair!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dynamight

Answer by Dynamight at 5:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• car seat,stroller,play yard

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• :)
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• diapers and wipes--never have enough
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would go with the more spendy things like
    crib sheets
    baby towels
    toys
    books
    pack-n-play
    bathtub, bath supplies
    baby safety items
    ask for larger sizes of diapers because they don't stay in the tiny sizes for long and you don't want 20 packages of size 1 when your baby will only be in that size a month or so
    wipes! you can never have to many wipes
    pacifiers and in different types because every baby is different
    bottle brushes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• car seat, crib, lots of fun toys, clothes, and plenty of diapers
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• awesome.. its just hard to pick cause im genderless right now lol
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't know the sex yet either but I plan to find out before the birth so I put some things on twice (one boy and one girl) and I'll just delete one once I find out. That way I don't forget when I see something cute I want.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Don't register until you find out the gender. Ofherwise, you'll find yourself online changing everything anyway.
    I would do the big stuff (stroller, car seat, crib), as well as some toys, breast pump if you plan to nurse (if you need one), sun shades for the car windows, gift cards (they always come in handy). I wouldn't register for diapers, because you may end up with 10 packs of something that doesn't work well for your baby. Plus, what works this month may not next month. DS did great with WalMaart diapers, then all of a sudden, he ended up with poop up the back every time he pooped. So we had to switch. In the beginning, we had to try a few different diapers, because he kept leaking (yes, his penis was inside and we were changing him often enough). Make sure your bottles are BPA-free. BPA messes with their hormones, and more of it leeches out of the plastic when the contents are warm or hot.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, and a swing for the baby, glider for rocking him, bath supplies, and crib sheets are always nice. No blanket or bumpers for the crib! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010