How many hours do you spend cooking a Thanksgiving dinner?

I think I spend at least 6-8 hours in the kitchen putting together a great Thanksgiving dinner. The good part about it all is that you have leftovers that can be eaten for several more days after.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I try to cook some of the casseroles the night before so I'm not in the kitchen all day...I mean, there is something wrong when you spend all those hours cooking-then everyone is done eating within 15 minutes- then there's the big clean-up-then you fall into bed exhausted, so I try to spread it out.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• None. If one of my brother's are hosting dinner I'll make a dish to take. If not, I tell my husband he can go to one of his family members' house for dinner, cook himself (never happened) or go hungry. I will only cook if my daughter can make it over for a holiday dinner, but she usually always works. I refuse to bust my a** for my husband for any holiday dinner anymore. He can order pizza if he wants, that way he still has 1 hand free to hold the TV remote........
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sounds about right. 5-6 hrs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• whAT YOU ONLY DO ONE DAY--jk but I do usually do pies and sides day before
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Way to long lol....but it makes for a great dinner so im ok with it....I jsut wish I was around my family so all of us can be cooking together like we used to do...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• None

We have gone out for Chinese Food for the past 20 Thanksgivings... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sides/Desserts, day before. Day of dinner it's usually starting at 9am and ending at 4-5pm.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Almost the whole day...the turkey goes in in the morning and then the rest of the day i wonder in and out preping everything else and cooking it when the turkey is just about done.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Probably 10-15. This includes several nights prior making pies and cheesecakes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Depends on the size of the bird, but I also put it in early and then go back to bed. The smells of the bird put me back to sleep.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2010