omg did you see this

i was watching Dr Phil an there was this mother on there who would punish her adoptive son with putting hot sauce in his mouth and make him take cold showers. she does not deserve to be called a mother.

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• i havent yet since its 2:30 here but ive already recorded it so itll be recording soon :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I couldn't watch it--it was horrible see 2 min had to change it omg
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes...i rarely watch dr. phil but i did see it today. It was pretty bad, but at least she recognizes it, too many people abuse their kids without a second thought
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i have heard of people putting tabasco on their kids' tongues when they use foul language as punishment. not that im condoning it in anyway or even saying i use that method (which i SURELY don't) but just saying i have heard of this before. as for the cold showers, that's just not nice. did she stand in there to make sure he didn't turn it up to warm? that, imo, is definitely abusive. especially if the weather was cold!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ya she stood right there watching him n hitting him while hes in the shower
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That just sounds horrible! I can't imagine what kind of damage thats doing to that poor childs mental health. That sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My heart aches for that kid. Well, any kid in general who has to put up with that sort of abuse.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It is horrible, though the hot sauce on the tongue to me isnt that big of a deal, but the rest of what she does in unacceptable! BTW there is no law against using a drop of hotsauce as a punishment, I wouldnt do it, ut I also dont find it that big of a deal!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Saw the previews , knew I couldn't watch the show. She needs so much help with her parenting but the sad thing is the damage is already done to her son. OMG
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010