Rep. Ryan on His Medicare Plan

Link text

I like this, what about you? Why or why not?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Seems very reasonable to me, I prefer the 1st choice of these 2… "Going forward, we have one of two choices for Medicare reform: Put patients in charge of how their health care dollars are spent, as providers compete against each other on price and quality to better serve patients; or funnel funds through the government, force providers to lobby bureaucrats for favorable funding formulas, and leave patients on the sidelines while health care decisions are made for them."
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• They have to do something and that sounds pretty good
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The first option seems to be the present system which doesn't work as it leaves healthcare to private insurers who set the rules, not the patients and doctors. . The second assumes health care under a UHC system is determined by ' bureaucrats ' which is not the case in countries with UHC's , though some procedures such as cosmetic surgery are usually excluded and in some countries, supplementary private insurance may be required for non-hospital dentistry, visioncare and drugs.
    The point is that any comprehensive system must require the doctor/patient relationship to decide what treatment is necessary and that it is paid for . No exclusions. .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Janet , you live in CANADA...why do you care so much about AMERICA'S health care?!? Or is it because you come HERE for medical care?!? :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That does sound reasonable.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It can work. He's my representative..*sniff*. He has a prospective future ahead of him that's for sure.

My 9 year old thinks he's cute. She's funny.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Many Canadians, French, Japanese, and many others jump in on the heath care debate going on in America. Most of them think it is incredible that people would argue against their own health insurance or others. Our old system of health care only helped the insurance companies and the doctors. The rest of us where being screwed. Anything is better as long as we are progressing forward in my eyes.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh, he is a cutie.

I like it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Your 9 yr old has good taste lz..I always thought Ryan was adorable

I like alot of his ideas too.The rate he is going we may see a presidential run from him someday.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• It's means testing, basically.
    If someone has a line of employment that puts them in a high bracket, Dr's, small business, Lawyers, they should be given the choice upon reaching the income threshold to opt out of Medicare payments. Because when they are over 72 they will be means tested out of the program. They can pay for their own healthcare privately or in a public fund and determine for themselves what they want put into it and it should be pre tax income. If someone is in a position that traditionally does not pay well, service type jobs, they should be given the opportunity to send their pre tax dollars to a Medicare fund that has a higher yield for their dollar input.
    Middle incomers can pay a standard rate into the system and basically receive the same care as their counterparts. The high income earners should not be forced to pay into a system they receive no benefit from. That is unlawful I think.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010