When did you decide to have another baby after your first? (years)

I'm not offically starting but just curious when you started to try for a second, how long after was it?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• All of my children are 2 years apart. While they where young this was hard, although now it is great! They all get along and we have so much fun together.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i have a 5 yr old from a previous relationship, and my hubby has a 3 yr old from a previous relationship.. we decided to have one right after we got married, and now we are having another! They are 18 months apart. We wanted everyone close! Although, thats a lot of little ones!! :)
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 5:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We decided when my first was 18 months. We got pg when he was 2.5 and I had my second son at 5 mos pg(stillbirth). We are TTC again now and my first son is turning 4. Things did not go as planned.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We waited until our oldest was 7 years old. When we had him I was 21 and I wanted to finish college before having anymore. The third baby is 18 months younger than the second.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• well... I wanted on at 8 mos (dh was being deployed for a year which turned into 15 mos and we wanted one during that time). It didn't happen and now that he's out of the military he wants to wait even longer! DD is 3 now and I'm DEF ready for another!!! DH does want another but he wants to be sure we have everything set and don't need any government assistance to have one so we have to wait.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we decided to start trying again once our DS was 6 months since we knew it might take awhile. Well it didn't take as long as we thought and they are going to be 18 months apart-but we wanted them to be close in age =)
    Anonymous

• I read you shouldn't have another child right afterwards since the body needs a little time to recoop from the first child. However, getting pregnant doesn't always happen right away either for everyone. And it does take nine months to carry a baby to term. So a year or two apart is not so bad either.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my daughter just turned 4 and we are trying for number 2. I wanted them about 5 years apart because i have enjoyed the one on one time i have had with my daughter. i have friends with them close and it is really hard for them. Plus i work full time and dont want to pay daycare on 2.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we're on our first month of TTC #2, and our son will be 2 on Friday
    :)
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We started trying right after our daughter turned 1 and got pregnant 4 months later.
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 9:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010