Can the CM team devise a way to vote a question off the website?

Banish it from the island? There are some questions that are just plain "ewwwwww." (See one of the latest WYR questions ...)

Even if flagged with TMI, it is over the top.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't have a problem with them. They have warned me by using the TMI flag. If I look and it grosses me out, it was my own fault.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You can report them to CM. Just tell them whats wrong with it and if it's valid it'll will be deleted in just a few min.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• not a fan of censorship personally..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I disagree the TMI flag was put in place specifically for those sexual questions, though it can be used for other things. It was those kinds of questions that so many people pushed for flag in the first place. You were warned, don't open it. That would be the point. Now if the question isn't flagged then reporting it would be the way to go.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I agree! It'd be good for those Troll questions, too. I think we need something betterthan the so-called Bump, too. Bumping in the groups moves the question to the top. Here, it doesn't really do anything, unless you look at "recently bumped" or "most bumped", which I know I don't look at.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Sometimes I think it would be a good idea, but that could be abused. I could see some of the non Christians voting down a Christian question to get it out of the way and vice versa, and the political questions from the "opposing" side" being voted down, etc. But I agree. Some questions really should go by the wayside.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'd like to be able to vote down questions, not just answers... some of the questions are way overboard.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I dont like question. I think it should be deleted. Is that fair? You wouldn't like that would you? Too many OK questions would get deleted just because someone doesnt like the particular poster or just to be snotty. It's not a good idea. (btw, I do like your question..its a valid question as far as I see it..just proving a point)
    Anonymous

• I see what you are saying.  They should post the question below WYR View Full Size Image   and not up front in viewing area for people to read.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• In journals, we have the option of voting on whether the post should be popular or not. Maybe they can do something like that.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2010