My 3 1/2 year old and the bathroom

My 3 1/2 year old has been potty trained for over a year now and the past 2 days at daycare he has went #1 & 2 in his pants. I have no idea why he would be doing this. We did just come back from vacation and he was perfectly fine. His teacher asked my husband if I could be pregnant and hes taking a step backward. I dont know? Any advise, its only been once during the day and he goes any other time. I just dont know. Has this happened to anyone else?

sweetpea0614

Asked by sweetpea0614 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's normal for all kids to regress occasionally, and I know DS gets weird for a few days after a trip (does great DURING the trip, bu he's all screwed up when we get home). Be patient, applaud his successes when he makes it to the bathroom, and be patient again! It will pass, I promise! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You might ask him if something is bothering him at school.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i agree, ask if something is bothering him as school, or home, and see... maybe he's just unhappy to be home from vacation...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's normal for them to go backward from time to time. It's a stage they'll grow out of.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think its normal for kids to jump back a little. Has anything changed?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010