Korean niece needs help passing Texas massage therapist test.

My Korean niece has US citizenship and has attended Tx massage therapy classes..due to a very rough pregnancy and language barrier she has failed the massage therapy test..I could use any advise in helping her achieve her goal. She knows the material.. she does not comprehend some of the written test questions. The US seems so good in helping students..would it be possibe for help or someone to orally read the test to her?? She could use the income while nephew is in Iraq! She wants to earn her way..just needs a jump start!! Thanks

netsurfer

Asked by netsurfer at 10:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• she should be able to have an interpreter present to read her the questions. but that may vary depending on the school...
    Anonymous

• there should be statutes in each state about testing. I recieved my massage license in Ohio, which you have to be state medical board certified and they have aids, so u may want to check into that.
    olleyblu28

Answer by olleyblu28 at 2:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You should definitely be able to use an interpreter or interpreting service in order to help her understand the exam. All they do is read the questions. I know when I took my electrology board exam in CA there were several students who had the written portions read to them. At the hospital I interned in in Michigan, there was an interpreting phone service that allowed you to call and have someone interpret any language for you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I wish her well, have her read aloud to you or friends to help her with the language. Most kids that are spanish speaking learn english from watching programs like Sesame Street.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008