I am so damn annoyed with my stressed out husband?

How do you deal with the man when he is stressed? I don't even want to put in the effort. I am so un-compassionate. It is horrible. He gets stressed every time our kids tuition is due. OY>>>

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I leave him alone, I know when I'm moody/crabby I would rather be left alone
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have sex with my guy when he is stressed and it mellows him out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Maybe you write the checks.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Mine does this stress and take it out on everyone thing. I just leave him alone until he gets over it, its better that way, if I bug him it just gets worse! I say just give him space until he realizes he is stressing over nothing.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah, Tuition time used to make ME stressed out too!!! Just try to distract him and cheer him up. It will get better!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LOL

I write the tuition checks.. And my husband still gets stressed enough that he does his "Turban Therapy"... LOL

((Turban Therapy: Remove turban, spend 30-45 minutes combing out hair, slowly re-wrap turban.... LOL.. I swear it's a form of meditation. He always feels better afterwards and his stress level goes way down..)))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• eventhough the LAST thing you probably want to do right now is be nice to someone who is being an ass to you, try being super nice to him. go out of your way to get the house super clean, cook him a meal that he loves, let him control the remote, dont nag him about things he does that annoy you, and try to speak nicely to him even when he's rude to you...kill him with kindness. this ALWAYS works when my SO is stressed. you responding back in a negative way only escalates things. by staying positive, you help de-escalate things. relationships arent always fair and sometimes you just have to put in the extra effort to make things better when your other half is only making them worse. relationships are a give and take and right now your relationship just need you to give a bit more, but you'll BOTH be happier in the end.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010