How do you feel about the dream act?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it needs to be passed. It is a path to citizenship, and I think it's a good one.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Is anyone actually surprised?

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 6:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Mommom, I think you would be satisfied if they just opened the borders to everyone without any thought to the fact that they could be murderers or kidnappers and drug dealers. That's pretty much what this is.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh Please, a bit dramatic don't you think?

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• • Illegal immigrants have been convicted of voter fraud, skipped previous deportation hearings or those who falsified their citizenship status could be granted amnesty.

So we are rewarding criminal behavior.  This is like giving the car to the carjacker once they are caught.  Stupid idea. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• • Those granted amnesty will not be required to complete any formal education in order to gain citizenship. Instead, those granted a stay must finish at least two years of higher education, although completion is not mandatory.

Oh, that's tough.  So we will require them to finish two years of higher education?  And who foots the bill for that?  I can give you a hint, it won't be the criminal. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Right Quinn! The majority of America's struggling to fiance their children's future so let's add the billions of dollars of tuition for illegals on to that as well! Sheesh must be nice to have their bumper crop of money treees!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• OMG, Quinn, I'd just copied that exact bit to say almost the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be freaking kidding me!

THIS is their priority? THIS!!!!! Not taking care of the Bush tax cuts so the economy doesn't tank even further...effecting millions of legal citizens...lets make sure the criminals can stay.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• THIS is their priority? THIS!!!!! Not taking care of the Bush tax cuts so the economy doesn't tank even further...effecting millions of legal citizens...lets make sure the criminals can stay.

I think they can handle more then one thing at a time. I hope they get it all done in the lame duck session, they have always said tax cuts were priority. this is so children brought here can gain a path, not criminals.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• • Anyone 35 and under will be eligible for permanent residency status

Uh, last time I checked anyone over 18 isn't considered a child.  And if you consider the age of consent (therefore being legally capable of deciding you are old enough to create another being with someone over the age of 18 without fear of prosecution for statutory rape), I think that those under the age of 16 should be considered a 'child'.  35 years old = not a child.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010