Have you ever done Christmas in the summer?

My husbands family can not get together in the winter, so someone suggested to do it at the beach in the summer. Any one done this? I don't think I will be that into it.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• My dad's family does the same thing.
    mommymeof3

Answer by mommymeof3 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• it wouldnt be the same. And I wouldnt do it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No way I could get into that. It wouldn't be Christmas so don't call it that. It would be a beach family summer reunion. With gifts I assume.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• On DH's dad's side of the family, we did a Christmas party with Bingo a few days after Christmas every year. The only gifts we exchange are the ones we win playing Bingo. There are too many ppl to buy for everyone, so I guess they have done it this way for years now. Well, last Christmas, there were 3 families that couldn't come, and then one of DH's cousin's DH was going to Iraq at the beginning of Summer and she was coming home while he was gone, so we decided to wait til everyone could be there, so we did "Christmas in June" and it was alot more fun. We did the traditional stuff we always do, but at a park instead of his Grandma's house, and we all went swimming afterwards. We had such a blast, we have decided to do this every year. Also, do you realize that in Australia, Christmas is in the summer?
    soulawakening82

Answer by soulawakening82 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nope never done that I have done a 1/2 birthday for my daughter who is a winter baby though. I don't know if I would do that or not.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not in the summer. I remember celebrating it about two weeks earlier than normal because my step-dad was deploying just before Christmas.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I've never done it with family, but with work we had Christmas in July at a theme park I worked at.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2010