If you were writing a book on mothering, what is the first thing you would write?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• No book nor so called "expert" can tell you how to parent YOUR child. Follow your heart, your instinct. Dont let anyone tell you their way is perfect or the only way because that is a bold faced lie. Only YOU know your child.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I've often considered writing a raw account of my experience. I would start by saying that no one tells you how hard it is. Mentally, physically, it's a train wreck for some. Also, get passed age three and you may stay married! Don't neglect your husband and NO, he doesn't understand what you're going through. He never will, he's a man.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That no book can ever really teach you what you need to do, at most it can give you a clue of what instincts will feel like.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• "Throw away this book, because everything you said you would never do will eventually, under some strange set of unforeseen circumstances, need to be done."
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Hug and kiss your kids a lot no matter what.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• "DO NOT READ! Follow your own instincts".
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• As much as I want you to read the book- there is no manual on raising children. Each child & situation are different & need to be handled with love & understanding first & foremost.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would say It does't matter how young or old you are it's not easy!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 6:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Time flies. That baby will be 18 before you know it. Enjoy them while you can.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Love your children BUT be "in charge". They aren't ever smart enough to be the ones on charge.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010