Is anyone elses baby to short for their walker?

My daughter is just about 8 months and is already crawling and pulling herself up on stuff. We got a walker for her bc she would be able to if only she could reach... Its on the lowest of 2 settings and she still cant reach the floor!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 6:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My nephew is 8 1/2 months and still has a hard time reaching the floor.. I can't really rmember with my kids bc they r 5 and 6
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 6:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You arent missing much. Walkers actually can delay walking because it takes totally different muscles to walk upright than walk sitting. They are not recommended by the AAP and they are actually trying to get them banned. They can actually cause toe walking. I have a close friend and she put her daughter in one all the time and when she went in to the pedi and the pedi stood her up and she stood on her toes the pedi said stop using the walker. She never mentioned that she was using one..lol..Im not saying this is going to happen, just a warning :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010