Will your child DIE if they have to eat something they do not 'like'?

WTF is wrong with you people? Is it going to KILL your child if they have to eat something that they do not absolutely love?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 6:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My kids have to try everything I make, if you don't want to eat dinner, then there is no more food till breakfast. I try to make options and always offer fruit, but if you can't try what is on your plate, you must not be very hungry anyway.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If they did.

Mine damn sure wouldn't have lived to see 19....

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• OMG! YES!

LMAO! Of course it isn't.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If so my ds would be dead right now. I just made him eat his peas! The more often they eat new foods, the more foods they will acquire a taste for.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 6:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• NO it wont,BUT if they dont like it why force it? I dont eat things I dont like ;)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• absolutly not.. I make my kids eat if they don't like it i say that is what is for dinner if you don't like it then it is nothing until breakfast... needless to say they end up eating it.. But i do make a point to make them something different if I know that they actually have tried it in the past and didn't like it.. But NO THEY WILL NOT DIE LOL
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 6:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LMAO! I like SleepingBeautee's reply.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Mine have to taste a bite, then not eat it if they don't like it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't force my kids to eat what they really don't like. If I don't like something I won't eat it either.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would have died several times over if that were true. I owe the fact that I eat (and enjoy!) a variety of ethnic and other random foods to my mom's insistence that we at least try everything on our plates, every time she'd serve us. Often, I didn't like things the first time I'd try them. But by the 10th time I had to take at least one bite, I had realized that it wasn't that bad, in fact, it was pretty good!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 7:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010