For those of you who "hate" Obama...

Many women here seem to have real animosity towards Obama, who is just a person, like any other person. I am wondering, do those of you who seem to hate Obama feel compassion for him, upon the loss of his grandmother? Or have you so dehumanized him that you are incapable of feeling compassion for his loss?

21stCenturyMom

Asked by 21stCenturyMom at 10:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I def. feel compassion for him but I am wondering if he feels compassion for all the babies he votes to have aborted but cause it will PUNISH the mother as he says babies are a punishment if you are not ready..... also for the babies he votes to leave in trash cans to die that survived the abortion.........
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• OMG. Is anyone else sick of these Q's? It happens on both sides. Why do so many people "hate" McCain"?
    Anonymous

• proud momma---yep---good thought
    Anonymous

• well i agree with the first 2 responses
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Anon- You are right. It happens on both sides. I don't hate McCain. I try not to hate anyone. Maybe this is were we can all find common ground- If we ban together and vow to eliminate "hate".

You are probably right that my question sounds very one sided, but I really didn't mean it to be anti-McCain in the least. I am just terribly distressed by the lack of compassion I have seen in so many mothers during this election cycle.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 10:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It has not brought out the nurturing side of Mothers has it?

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Omg its the MOTHER CHOICE to have an abortion or not
    I dont know why this is such a big deal , no matter WHO is president
    ABORTION WILL NEVER BE ILLEGAL! Why don't people deal with it!? You dont like it, DONT DO IT! simple.
    Anonymous

• Wow anon that makes it sound SO simple. Us pro lifers are just simplistic idiots who are just stupid enough to be thinking about the BABY that's being killed.

Anonymous

• PLEASE LADIES. Do not make this about abortion, or about any political issue. My question is intended to explore whether we can have compassion for ppl with disagree with and vilify.

If McCain's grandmother had died today, I would be asking the same question to Obama supporters, so please understand, this ? is not intended to bash any side of this contest. It's about compassion.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 10:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• THIS QUESTION IS NOT ABOUT ABORTION.

Ladies, I am asking you to restore my faith in American mothers. By arguing about abortion, you are def not restoring my faith in anything.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 10:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008