MRSA?

In 2007 I caught MRSA from being in the hospital on bedrest inside an incision after my surgery. Now I have another boil that hurts really bad (but not as bad as in 2007), is it possible to catch MRSA twice even though this time I have not been in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Health

• Yes. MRSA is a strong staph infection. Its not one you get and are then immune to it. You can get it numerous times

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yes you can catch it more than once...

I just read a thing about MRSA ( I just got tested for it ) ... and it said now it is becoming more common to catch it in other settings than just a hospital... even people in childcare is becoming common
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• unfortunately, yes. MRSA has become a community acquired bug now too. It's uncommon, but possible. You'd be safest to get it checked out.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my 4 yo son got mrsa from a splinter in his foot he ws hospitalized after he already had it
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It is becoming more and more common out in the general public. I had a daycare child with it about a year ago at a year old. And yes, it will show up again, you should call your doc. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, once you have had MRSA you are more prone to get it again. Your body doesn't build an immunity to it unfortunatly.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Everyone has MRSA in thier body, but you can get an active infection if you have a wound, surgery, or your immune system
    is down.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. I would go to the doctor and have them culture it. Regardless of whether it's MRSA or not, you should probably get it treated, and the culture will help the doctors figure out the best treatment. I get boils frequently, and they're painful. I've been lucky enough to not have contracted MRSA (at least not yet) but MRSA or not, boils SUCK!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. People get MRSA even when they haven't been in a hospital.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010