Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I just foud MOLD in my 7 month old infants bed! What do I do?

Okay, so my first mistake was probably re-using the mattress of the older sibling who literally just moved into a bigger bed as he was born. I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to re-use the mattress. And in all honesty... I still don't think that is the underlying issue here.... but I'm sure that action is frowned upon.

ANYHOW, his sheets and blankets get changed twice a week... and as I was laying him down just now I saw a dark spot in the bed. In the VERY spot I always lay him. I moved the sheet and under it is a big moldy spot! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Is it legal to burn the mattress or what? What do we do? Do I need to take him to the doctor?

The mold has to be from him spitting up because he still does that quite frequently. But it is so scary!


Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I'd replace it. I also want to say that there is NOTHING wrong with using the mattress from your first for your next child. Why would there be?

    Answer by Krysta622 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

  • Just throw it away,no need to burn it! Black mold is only toxic to those with weakened immune systems.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

  • Just wasn't sure if they had a life span or something.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010