What is one trait you wouldn't want your children getting from you?

Just curious..because tonight I was sitting here just looking at my beautiful daughter and really got a glimpse at how skinny she is getting. She's perfectly healthy and eats like crazy, but I guess she's inherited my fast metabolism. I was teased like none other throughout my childhood for being so thin and I just hope she doesnt have to go through the same thing. So if you had to choose ONE thing not to pass on to your kiddos, what would it be? Doesn't have to be a physical trait either.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hope that my daughters don't inherit my cynicism. I want them to be practical and down-to-earth, but I go the extra step and seem to always find the bad in everything. I realize I do it but am powerless to stop it, as it seems to be just who I am and always have been. I try especially hard not to exhibit cynical behavior in front of my daughters in hopes that they won't pick it up.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i'm very sarcastic, too the point of being mean and nasty at times and i won't realize it until after the fact. I hope my kids don't get that from me.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 7:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Smartass behavior-too late,he already has it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Common sense. Seriously you cant imagin how many people dont have it.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I hope my Son takes our (DH and Mine) ability to avoid DRAMA! Please please please I hope he can feel it just as we do and know when to run the opposite direction!!!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would hate if my daughter inherited my way of overthinking everything, and constantly stressing out over things that are beyond my control.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 10:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my anger management skills are not so good
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010