Which Dish to Switch to?

I am considering cancelling comcast, they've been a constant pain in my butt for 2 years screwing up bills, charging me for extra services and even receivers that we don't have!! And our reception is HORRIBLE, and their customer service is even worse. Sooooooooooooo if you have a dish, which one do you have? Dish network or Direct Tv...which one is better?

MonkeyMomma07

Asked by MonkeyMomma07 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Entertainment

• I use cable...don't trust Dishes
    Anonymous

• directv is the best, so glad i got rid of cable years ago, i don't even know anyone who still has cable, but if it works 4 u, to each his own
    Anonymous

• I have DirecTV, and have not had any problems with them for the nearly two years I've had it. Customer service is good. My only real complaint is that I can barely read the Info & Guide sections, the font is small and white on a blue background. I love the music channels that I get with my service, through XM radio. They have some great channels with kids music. I also like the Caller ID feature, you can switch it on so when your phone rings the CID info is posted on the screen, so you don't even have to bother with trying to find the phone when it rings...you can see on TV it's a telemarketer, ha ha.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 11:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you live in a state with allot of lightning or storms I strongly advise against a dish of ANY kind! As the reception is Always interrupted by storms and lightning. It very bad in Florida and here in SC. Only the die hard sports nuts get the dish for the extra games they get with Dish.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We've got DirecTv. My mom and dad have Dish Network. I like the way their "guide" is set up better, but we get way more channels for about the same price. My son can't watch Noggin at my mom's house, so I'd never switch!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 1:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thanks for all the replies! I called DirectTv last night to get some info...I think that's who we're going with.
    MonkeyMomma07

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Before you contact them read this.  Read the fine print. 

Anonymous

• Thanks (to the last responder), I went to that site and it's very informative. I will definitely keep that in mind, however I did searches and there are complaints on almost every company. Especially and including my dear cable company comcast! Sears, Kmart, and many many others are on their too. Thanks for the info but I have to do something, and my options are rather limited. Comcast is out!!
    MonkeyMomma07

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I know how you feel about comcast!!! They are ALWAYS screwing up!!! Half the time the on demand and stuff doesnt even work (more than half the time really) and the bills are always wrong. We had Direct Tv for a while and I LOOOVVEEEED it, but it got to be much too expensive so we had to switch back.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 11:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008