my 3 1/2 month old babies nose?!

She has had this noise in the back of her nose for almost 2 weeks know. You can tell its like a kind of stuffy nose, I figured assoicated with teething because she has the rash on her butt also... well today it's a lot worse it is running really bad when I lay her down to change her diaper she coughs because it runs down the back of her throat. Is this a cold commin on or is this from teething to? she feels warm, I took her temp it is 99.4 and she is eating ok.

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like post nasal drip. Mucus is running down the back of her throat. A cold maybe. If the fever persists,take her in to the doc.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• This is crazy sounding but it really works - a good friend told me to get Baby Vick's Vapo-rub and put it on the bottom of their feet with socks before bed. The stuffiness clears right up. Poor baby... it could also be teething but I'd try the Vapo-rub anyway & see what happens. Couldn't hurt.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree that it sounds like post nasal drip. It could be a cold, or allergies. Elevate the head of her mattress when she goes to sleep (put a pillow or something UNDER the mattress). If her nose starts to actually get stuffy, you can sit in the bathroom with the hot water running to help. A humidifier is also helpful. Saline drops and a nasal aspirator also help. I would also probably put in a call to the doctor, to try and determine whether it was teething related, allergies, or a cold. I don't think you're supposed to use Vicks Baby Rub on babies under 6 months, but I might be wrong.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010