MILs

Why does it seem like almost all MILs are evil? It is just me? I can never make my MIL happy. I will never be good enough for her baby boy and she makes it well known. It doesn't matter how many times my husband tells his mother that he loves me and he always tells her everything i do for him and our son but i'm still not good enough. So it is just me or are all MILs evil lol?

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I always wanted to be THAT PERSON, who didn't hate her MIL. Sorry, no luck. Mine is a wackjob too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Going through the same thing. I seems like I'm just a living vessel for her unborn grandchildren lol.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well I got kind of lucky with my MIL... she loves me more than her children lol... but I think that I am just the best daughter in law that she has gotten ( she has 3 sons and my husbands 2 brothers have brought home 3 wives each .... all of them were either crazy, druggies, or abusive)
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LOL, I think they can be difficult at times. I do know some people who have good relationships with their MIL's, I'm not one of them. My MIL feels the same way about me. I have learned to ignore her and complain to my friends when it gets to be to much.

I've been married 13 years and nothing has changed, in fact I think it has gotten worse. I know my husband will never leave and fully supports me so I just forget whatever she says. It is not always easy, although I have found it to be the best way to handle it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My MIL seems pretty okay .. I have no issues with her.

But to be fair.. She's in India so, I really have never had to interact with her very much.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My MIL is a barmaid - VERY rough around the edges. Not "motherly" at all. In fact DH still hurts a lot inside because she wasn't there a lot of his childhood... she'd say she'd come & get him & then never show up. But she's completely changed since DH and I got married... she calls every day & says she loves us... she's very rough around the edges still but I've learned "if she doesn't call you a bitch, she doesn't like ya". We're really close now & I love her to death, "motherly" figure or not.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I got incredible lucky. My MIL is an absolute sweetheart! She came and stayed with us for a month when DS was born. She was a great help! She's not only a great cook, but helped a lot around the house. I got to spend my first month sitting around, nursing when I wanted to, with 3 meals a day, and a clean house that I didn't have to clean. It was wonderful!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 7:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It took my MIL 5 years and a boyfriend of her own to act right!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I know how you feel. My MIL is a real witch. My mom always tells it will get better with time, maybe i'm impatient but it seems to be getting worse not better. Good luck momma!
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 7:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• lol not really but they can be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying. I have always gotten along with guys moms until my s/o mom. i refuse to go over to his parents now that i am pregnant unless it is a holiday. i refuse to be uncomfortable with all the wonderful umpleasanties of pregnancy and have to deal with her. Its funny all of my s/o friends dislike his mom too.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 7:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2010