I have a 2 year old daughter that will wake up in the middle of the night and ask me to rock her and if i say no she will cry the rest of the night? Can u please help me?

snowangel87

Asked by snowangel87 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is probably just a phase. She might have had a bad dream or something scared her
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• consistantly tell her no and after crying for a few nights she should learn that it will get her no where.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Why wouldn't you rock her? It sounds like she's seeking some mommy comfort.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• D:

Why not just rock her? She is still so little and won't always want to be cuddled and reassured by you. It won't start a bad habit either. Eventually she will stop waking up in the middle of the night and you won't have to worry about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree with worriedmommy.....you have to not give in! They can sense weakness in you... She is 2, this WILL create a bad habit if you just give in to her. Bed time is time to sleep. She will fuss for a few nights, but she will go back to sleeping all night soon enough.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• For th most part, I'd say 90% of the time, I let my DD cry it out. But sometimes I hear it in her cry that she NEEDS me to rock her. So maybe 3X a month I do. Its what works for me.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2010