Does anyone take a Prenatal vitamin (over the counter) with a stool softener in it? adult content

My last pregnancy I had different insurance & they covered Citracal with a stool softener & it was great. My new Insurance will not cover it & it's $85 out of pocket. So forget that. Does anyone take an Over the Counter brand with a stool softener in it? I really don't want to get constipated and have to take colace seperately since I had a problem in the past with colace causing cramping. Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think Colace is safe although you'd need to take it as a seperate pill. Chek with your doctor. Generic is pretty inexpensive. I take a food (vegetarian) based pre-natal I get at health food stores (Rainbow Light Prenatal 1) and I love it! I also eat a bowl of kashi go lean every morning and it seams to be working wonders. I go at least once a day. Hope this helps.
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 7:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Fiber is much safer than stool softeners, which can be addictive. You could take fiber pills or eat lots naturally.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010