My son is 2 years old and has a major poop problem once a week. His poop is hard and as big as a golf ball. How can I help him to get it out?

momjackieatl

Asked by momjackieatl at 7:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• high fiber diet, and if necessary, Mirilax works wonders, you can buy it OTC and it gets mixed into his drink and he will never know it is there
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• well i think you should change his diet so he will not have so much trouble. how much fiber is he eating everyday? how much water does he drink? i think if you increase his fiber intake and water intake he will be more regular
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My son has the same problem. His doctor told me to give him a Miralax every other day. There is nothing wrong with his diet or anything he just had this problem since he was born. As he get older we use the miralax maybe once a week now.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Make certain he's eating whole grains and lots of vegetables, and drinking a lot of water.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Froot Loops! My daughter and I love Froot Loops and with it being high in Fiber we have no problems with poops.

Find a high fiber cereal that your son will eat either with or without milk. My daughter eats about a cup of it all day long as a snack.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My DD had that problem and still does some times. Until he is old enough to swallow fiber pills, the Mirilax works great. I fed her all the high fiber foods all day everyday at your childs age. It just wasn't enough, so don't feel bad.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If you get a cereal make sure it does not have too much sugar. It might be high in fiber but also high in sugar.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• take him to the doctor and tell the doctor what is going on and the doctor can tell you what is best or he should be able to give you something for it,or do like i did give apple juice or lightly push on his stomache with your hands to help him poop.
    scared233

Answer by scared233 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010