Duvet vs. Comforter

My husband and I are fighting over if we should get a Duvet or a comforter set. What are your thoughts and pros and cons!?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• a comforter is by far easier to care for.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Duvet! They are natural, and you can wash the duvet cover frequent;y.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 7:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Duvet's are a pain in the butt....the covers don't always stay on them correctly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I love my duvet and cover because I can remove the cover to wash, and it washes as easily as sheets instead of taking up tons of room in the dryer and being flipped over and over to get it to dry. I also like that I can put a down comforter or down alternative insert into the cover instead of just the heavy fluffy stuff they fill regular comforters with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The comforter in the duvet cover always slides down on me. But I would probably get the duvet cover because they are easier to wash when needed.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I like both but if I had to choose I would go for the comforter bc I also agree with twinsplus2more.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I never could keep the duvet cover in place. I also think they cost more, so then I can't change as often.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My duvet cover has little ties at the four corners that keeps the insert in place.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I prefer comferters
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love my duvet. I've got four different sets of covers, so I can swap them out whenever I want a change. I haven't had trouble with the duvet shifting around inside the cover, either.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2010