To circumsize or not....?

What are your thoughts?

yearnforbaby

Asked by yearnforbaby at 7:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its your personal choice as parents. we did.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We did, but if I every had another son I probably would not.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 7:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my husband is not and he said his sons will he doesnt want them to have to constantly hear what he did about taking care of foreskin. but ultimatly its your choice.
    gregsmom11

Answer by gregsmom11 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• me i did both of my boys because i was told it is easier to clean, keep clean and less likely to have infections. on my oldest son however the person who performed it did not do it correctly and he still had some foreskin left and i had to pull it back to clean it every time i gave him a bath or changed him. but with my second they did it correctly and i didn't have to do all of that. it is honestly heart breaking to care for it after it is done because every time you have to change him right after it is done until it heals you have to put vasoline on it to keep it from rubbing up against his diaper and causing more pain. and he would cry when i put it on him. but i think if i ever had another boy i would still do it because its healthier for them.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It is your choice, but think about this: why start out this little life with a painful unnecessary procedure? do your research, the only advantage to this is that it will be easier for you to clean, now look up the possible risks and disadvantages and weigh them both, if you do it correctly you will make a wise decision.

Answer by older at 8:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i did it was a choice me and dh made
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I dont get how people thing its "easier to clean" if you know what your talking about at all, you would know that you dont do anything to keep it clean-meaning you are NOT to try to retract it to clean it(people try, and that can tear tissues and hurt)-untill it retracts on its own.
    They wouldnt' be born with it if it wasnt suposed to be there.
    Ears are hard to clean too....people dont cut them off...
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I plan on it. Currently pregnant with my first boy. I know it's a touchy subject, but to each their own.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We chose not to. There are no benefits, and I wouldn't subject my son to that. He can make that choice for himself later in life if he wants.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Here is my reply, BEFORE I've read the other replies. My thoughts? I don't think that RIC is a good idea. Care of an intact penis isn't difficult as many think it is. As a newborn/baby, you actually have to do MORE to care for a circumcision, then an intact penis. As an older child, teen, and adult, cleaning the penis takes a few extra seconds. That's it. I feel that RIC is cosmetic, and will not have a cosmetic surgery on my child without their consent. I believe that is is extremely unnecessary and cruel (but will not go as far as to call it child abuse). Contrary to popular belief, you DO NOT need to and SHOULD NEVER pull back the skin of an intact penis to clean it. The foreskin will retract on it's own, usually in childhood or puberty. At THAT point, once the foreskin is no longer fused to the head, the boy just needs to pull back and rinse while bathing. I just think it's a bad idea to remove healthy tissue.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010