Unsure about OPK results..are they positive??

This is my first month off the pill and want to conceive rather quickly as im not getting any younger(35yrs). I have been testing since cd7 and am now at cd19. I got a almost positive (test line not quite as dark as the control line) yesterday around 12pm and same thing at 9pm and today at 1pm. I will test again in about an hour. If it comes out the same or lighter should i assume I ovulated even though the line was never dark?

lybra975

Asked by lybra975 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is hard to say since this is your first month taking them because you having nothing to compare them to, but some women's test lines just don't get as dark as the control. I'd say if it starts to get significantly lighter then it would be safe to say you probably did ovulate. Also keep an eye out for what kind of discharge your having because that can tell a lot. My test lines never got THAT dark but after about 3 months of taking them I could tell what was a positive and what wasnt.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• you should take the test first thing in the morning. Good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• So an update on the tests. I took another one last night and it was very positive and another one today at lunch which was not as dark. Will definitely be BDing tonight!
    lybra975

Comment by lybra975 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2010