How many calories should i eat to continue breastfeeding my 17 month old and still loose weight?

jennholman

Asked by jennholman at 8:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• That really depends on a lot of factors. I do know that "Weight Watchers" has an excellent nursing mom's plan. They can help you calculate the exact amount just for you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 2400, the same when you were prego
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 8:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I just ate when I was hungry and as long as my child was nice and fat didn't worry about it. I would ask you ped. they should know, and I think the What to expect the first year also talks about it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Great question!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies :) My baby is a great weight...always been a big girl from day one. I always forget to ask the doctor when I go...Something I will remember to do this next check up. There isnt a lot of info about breastfeeding your toddler and the calories it takes to do it. I try to eat between 1500 and 1800 very healthy calories a day and still take my vitamins too. I just want to keep up a healthy weight to. I feel like I could lose about 5 lbs and tone up and then I would be back to my pre pregnancy size :)
    jennholman

Comment by jennholman (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• sounds like you already know what you are doing :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• 2400
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2011