Help! my 17 mo. old son controls my whole life! I love him 2 death but have no "me time" advice anyone?

He clings to me like glue. I literally cannot go to the bathroom w/ out him in there w/ me! I can't clean, cook, study, e.t.c.

Krys24k

Asked by Krys24k at 10:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel the same way with my daughter but plz if some one tell u how to over come this plz hit my page up
    kedaboo7

Answer by kedaboo7 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you're right he does rule your life and he will for a long time! I know what youre going through though i have a 14 month old who does the same thing. But i just njoy it because i know there will come a time where he will want nothing to do with me. I also had 2 other kids who hang on me all day long! I love it! I cant tell you the last time i took a shower by myself or went "potty" in private..... oh well. thats life with kids!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• try and schedule some "me time" if you need to study, go to th elibrary, or get a sitter and just go get your nails done or walk around the mall. It really does help. just an hour....a week maybe (thats all i can manange any ways) we dont really have anyone to watch the kids so its just when dh is home that i get any time to myself! and then he bugs me, lol!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Enforce nap time. It will give you some time to take a nice bath or relaxing shower. Then tell your dh/so/byfd to give you like an hour a week to go and do something for you. Take a walk in the park, read a book, go to the mall and eat lunch with a friend..Anything.. Its hard I know. My dd is 16 months old and is going through separation anxiety with me and my dh. Neither one of us can leave a room without her throwing a fit. The only quiet or alone time I get during the week is when she naps. On the weekends I usually just go to Walmart without her, and every other weekend I do my nails..And once a month I go on a Mommies Night Out. Me and a few friends eat cheap and go see a movie.. $20 usually does it..I dont know what your finances are like but if you can spare $20 a month to go out with some friends then do so.. Hope this helped..
    Jaedynnsmommy

Answer by Jaedynnsmommy at 12:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• this is seperation anxiety from your son,when you have to go bathroom,close the door,hell cry,assure he is fine before you go in there and keep telling him hes loved or in other instances telling him what your doing keeping him updated,my 22mth old son does this and its by slowley wheening you off him,i set down a rule which only now has worked.tell what your doing and if he follows ignore the screaming,tantrums,i give him one warning that it happens again,he goes to bed for an hour,its taken me 4mths now and consistency is the key.i have trouble getting to bed,he has normal routine,he gets out once say bed,gets out again say nothing,no eye contact,no demands just pick up put him back and walk away,only get up if he is out of bed.this is working for us and now we have 2hours to ourselves
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 4:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my daughter does the exact thing! i dont know why,, if i let her watch her barney and sneak away to pee or something, she cries like some one pinched her and i have to hurry to get her and soothe her... she doesnt do that alot, but there are days she wants nothing but hugs none stop. cute, but she gets heavy at times.
    the ONLY time i get me time is when she takes a nap or when she sleeps for the night. so i get me time for maybe an hour or two a day. sometimes none cause i have to get the house clean. i dont consider that me time...lol
    good luck. and stay calm. *hugs*
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008