have u ever gone out on a date with someone u talked to via email/phone

and he claimed to be 6ft 3in tall muscular bod etc? when u get there he is 5 ft 4 and a beanpole? that has happened to me twice. i was quite irritated to say the least.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been on 1 date that resulted from phone conversations (friend gave a friend's number). He didn't lie about what he looked like, but he left out a few minor details. Worse was that our phone conversations were great, but in person, they fizzled. Needless to say, it was over in a week.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Aww...

Well, I met my fiancée through a website, but, we were exactly as described.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I met my SO from a networking site and we simply talked because we were local and were trying to make new friends. Ended up meeting and have been inseperable since! :) But if they lie from the get go then that's just messed up and sad on their part. :(

I HAVE met people who said they were, "built" and it was just fat, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I went on a blind date a week before I met my wonderful husband and the guy was honest on the phone about what he looked like. He wasn't all that attractive and I could have overlooked that ( I had dated guys in the past who were less than gorgeous) if he hadn't kept trying to tickle me when we were at the movies. I kept telling him to stop and he wouldn't and I was thinking, "If he won't stop tickling me when I ask him to, what ELSE won't he stop doing when I ask him to stop?" I was sitting as far away from him as possible while still sitting in the seat next to him. I never went out with him again, and thank God, I met my amazing husband the following weekend and that was it!!!
    Anonymous

• i met my husband online but we neither one lied about what we looked like.....he didn't expect me to have a tummy, from my pics, none of them really showed it....but he obviously got over that one! lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• hahahah sorry but that is funny, ive met 3 guys from the internet. the first was not as good looking as he led on to be, the second, my hubby to be. was pertty much what he said. the third i met while we were separated and he was what he said, cept he left out the part that hed gained about 70lbs since getting off active duty!!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Check the web site ugly bug ball... it's a dating site for self described ugly people. At least you know what you're getting into.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• laughingBeen there!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The guy I'm dating now I met online and he's exactly what he said he was and looked like in pictures, and I am too. No need to lie about it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2010