How can i get my fiancee to help me with the baby

Since our son was born i cant seem to get no help when it comes to the baby i do everything, and when i ask him to do something with the baby he acts like its problem i cant do it all by my self anymore i need help.

MasonL

Asked by MasonL at 10:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• put your foot down hand him the baby walk away and tell him i have to do laundry I will be back in a min you have to train him if talking is not working
    Anonymous

• sometimes there is nothing you can do but accept him. i certainly wouldn't marry him if he had so little respect for me and had so little love for the baby. be careful, your getting a glimps into the future. he may not help much with anything if he can't or isn't willing to help raise his own child.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with Melody to an extent. You are getting a glimpse into the future, but I also agree with Anon. You SHOULD just hand him the baby and don't give him the "option" to say no. Bottom line, it is his baby too. My BF was the same way using the excuse that I am the stay at home Mom, but I've been working on him for the last 9 months and finally getting somewhere. In the last few months, I started just handing the baby to him. Then he has no choice. If he gets mad in a calm and kind manner ask him if he'd rather help out more, or have the baby ALL alone for visitation. Good luck.
    MissLisaMarie

Answer by MissLisaMarie at 12:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If he is young, it is to be expected. Sorry. Don't kill yourself trying to force him to help more. You will only be pissed and make yourself crazy. It's rare for a guy to step up to the plate and be a man to a family that he might not have been ready for (I'm not saying it's anyone's fault). Hang in there. Take care of you and take care of the baby. Try to show him by example what it means to be a good parent. He may take notice and get on board by your positive influence, instead of being pressured. Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• he doesnt want to help with his own child? and he lives in the home? time to get child support from him and kick him out...having no help because it is not there, is better than having no help because they are lazy...

given that he is your fiance, and is the father of the child - count this as a lesson in what is to come...and do you really want to continue to live like that?

will he grow up? maybe...but you shouldnt bet your happiness or your child's welfare on it...

peace...

Monkeygrrl

Answer by Monkeygrrl at 1:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my SO is the SAME way! omg. its like a chore for him to occupy the baby while im cooking dinner. idk what to do either so i just deal with it and i havent been away from ds since he was born because i dont want to leave him with "dad" incase he decides to get frustrated...i wont take any chances with my son...so idk what to do either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2008