How can I help my fussy, gassy newborn?

Do you other mama's out there have any advise for me, my daughter is 5 weeks old and she is a very gassy baby. Every time she eats she is in pain sometimes she burps and feels better other times not. she was having a pooping issue but the doc told me prune juice and that seems to help but i dont know what to do to help her she just keeps crying and i feel so bad...

Linda_PF

Asked by Linda_PF at 9:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try mylicon infants gas drops. and try positioning her belly down across your forearm and gently bouncing.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• are you formula feeding or breast it may be the milk causing it
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 9:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am formula feeding we have always had her on Enfamils for fussy gassy babies we have tried Gripe Water but it doesnt seem to help I was told to try and change her to Soy formula do u think that would work?
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I actually wouldn't know about formula feeding like which to try both my sons were breast fed but I bumped your question. Have you asked your baby's pedi about it?
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• He had recommended the Prune Juice and the Gripe water going to call him tomorrow morning but was trying to find her some comfort for the evening she just wont stop crying thanks for the bump
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My DD was the same way when she was an newborn and when we got done feeding her i had to keep her up-right for about 45 minutes like i had to keep her in my arms and hold her up right. no matter if she was sleepy or not i keep her up right for the 45-60 minutes abd ya it did get better. The gripe water and keeping her up right work for my DD. Just remember every baby is different.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2010