Stocking stuffer ideas..please ?! I'm stumped!

I have 4 stockings to fill and I'm stumped on what to put in the men's socks .
My FIL is 61, and works, drinks beer and enjoys hockey lol Clearly I can't put a case of beer in there..and stocking stuffers aren't meant to be expensive are they?
I have no idea what to put in there for him. He's soo hard to buy for because it seems he never appreciates any gift we get him.
Last year we bought him a 100 years of the Montreal Canadians ( his fave Hockey team) collectors DVD, in a special tin and everything, we paid nearly 100$ and it's currently still unopened and being used as a door stop to his bedroom.

The second male is my DF, he likes video games , techie stuff, documentaries..etc..
I have a few ideas on what to fill his stocking with
-socks ( he needs new ones)
- a Tim Hortons gift card (10$)
but I'm stumped after that ,What are good fillers for adult men ?
I'm going to the dollar store & Wal-Mart for the most part.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I would say gift card. then at least they will get used
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• cont..
    unless there is one more expensive thing I know they just couldn't live without.

My daughter should be relatively simple, I'm thinking flash cards, little toys, play-doh, crayons etc... any other suggestions ? she will be 18 mo. ?
    AshleyRoseG

Comment by AshleyRoseG (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• deo,razors,shaving cream,magazines,paperback book,hat,gloves,scarf,favorite candy,key chain,car air freshener,hair products,outdoorsy stuff if they fish,etc
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• flashlight, beef jerky, hand warmers for the hunter or snowmobiler,
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 9:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• nuts, flash stick (for the techie), wallet, any hygiene stuff, flavored coffee, hot wheels (my guys are 19, 21, 28 & hubby 52, and all love hot wheels)

daughter- hair accessories, crayons,bath tub crayons,

They all get fresh fruit, nuts in the shells, and holiday candy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• ummm for the fil i would do some giftcards. for the df i would get things that he needs socks or something esle small. for my hubby i get him socks and undies for the stocking. or little treats that he can use gum or things to snack on at work.

ds who is 3- i do hot wheels or those towels from the dollar tree
    dd who is 2- im getting her little hair stuff and again a towel
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I put chap sticks and car air smellies in all the stockings. Plus fuzzy socks, funny bandaids (camo for my hunting husband), small box of chocolates, fishing hooks, fridge magnets, a paid for magazine subscription, deck of cards, a beer cooshie, lighters for those who smoke, small snack foods (like beef jerky or hot rods), plus I try to throw in a gag gift like a banana hammock for the men and a plastic banana for the women lol. Best thing is to hit up your local dollar store and load up.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't spend a lot on Stockings, I visit the dollar tree! I just think of goodies that would go with beer! But you can throw in some other things like razors, and things they use all year around. Socks are a great one also because you can never have enough socks, and underware! Good luck!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2010