juice for baby

what age did you start giving your baby juice? please don't respond if your going to tell me how bad juice is, thats not my question. i think i remember it being 6 months with my son, we did 50/50. my daughter is almost 6 months and i want to start her on juice. what about water? she eats solids 3 meals a day and i want to give her something to drink along with it, or while in the car. she can already use a sippy. formula is only in a bottle here though, that way its easy when the formula is gone at a year so is the bottle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started giving my son watered down juice once a day at about 8 months old. He loved it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• same with me around 8 months i gave him 2 ozs of juice and 1 oz of water
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I didn't give any juice until one year. I started giving water in a sippy cup when my babies started solids.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well, I guess you can do it whenever you want. *I* would do water in a sippy at meal times and maybe add a splash of juice here and there no sooner then like, 9-12 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Water in a sippy. Juice can wait until they start asking (and with a second child, ask they will!).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:40 AM on Nov. 18, 2010