Ever feel like you disappointed your little kid self?

Weird question, I know, but have you ever felt like you disappointed your little kid self? Like, as a kid, did you see your life going one way and then when you got older you made bad decisions? It's like, when you become an adult you are corrupted and no longer like the innocent kid you once were. How would your 5-year old you feel about the current you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My 5 year old self would be highly disappointed that I did not become a criminal defense attorney, but delighted by all of the animals I have helped rehab.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My 5 year old self wouldn't even recognize me (both good and bad, but mainly neutral - I'm just ... different). But, she'd like me once she got to know me. And she would absolutely adore my husband. I think that while she'd be initially confused at how I wound up here, she'd approve.

Thanks for posting, this was a bit therapeutic!!
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 9:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Since I am not a princess, maybe a little disappointed, LOL. I would like to think that the many many hours that I spent playing house, doctor, beauty parlor, school and barbies has helped me become the great mommy that I am today. Although I may not be a princess, I now have a beautiful princess and prince of my own.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I do not think the 5 year old me would be disappointed.... but not happy about it either. I think she would LOVE my daughter and husband. I don't feel she would approve of all of the other dreams that I passed on. I don't think she would understand how my dreams didn't pan out, or how I got here...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• when i was 5yrs old i wanted to be mom and i am and much more
    i am chef,house cleaner,supporter, healer ,pastry chef and my kids love who i am and who i become and so am i
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2010