When making PB&J do you??

Do you use 2 different knives?
Do you wipe off just the one knife?
Or
Do you just go from spreading the PB straight into the jelly jar?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always spread the jelly on first, then rinse it off, and use it to spread the pb
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I spread the peanut butter first, wipe the knife off on the other slice of bread, then spread the jelly. Faster than messing with two knives and why should I since it gets all mixed together anyway.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I always do jelly first and I rinse it under hot water before the peanut butter. A little jelly can ruin a whole jar of peanut butter is left out. My DD prefers peanut butter and honey now though.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i use different knives. B/c I don't like peanut butter, so I really don't want any peanut butter in my jelly.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yeah I was making PB&J today and was thinking about this...random I know...but yes I do PB then wipe the excess on the PB jar, still usually some stuck to it though, and straight to the jelly jar...we dont use jelly for anything other thanPB&J so I guess Im not too worried about anything else tasting like PB..
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I actually use a spoon to spread my jelly, and a knife for my peanut butter.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Same knife. I spread peanut butter on one slice of bread, jelly on the other. I wipe the knife first.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Jelly spreads first, then PB. Same knife, rinse between... even if I got jelly in the pb it wouldn't matter, we go through so much of it that it wouldn't have time to spoil!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I use one knife, but I always by the jelly you squeeze on so I don't have to worry about the hubby mixing them together...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well, I can't stand PB&J and only make it for hubby. He has their weird thing (gets it from his mom) about using a spoon for the jelly so it's not all "broken up". I think it's completely stupid, but since I don't eat the grape jelly and he does I do it his way. So, I use a knife for the PB and a spoon for the J. What he really likes (and it looks like baby poo so I don't do it) is to mix both in a bowl and then spread it on the bread. My thought is why dirty a bowl and then have to clean that junk out of it?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010