For the parents that introduced milk before the first birthday

When and why did you introduce it? How did it go? Did your LO have any special diet needs (gaining too much weight, not enough, et.c.)?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• We did but I don't remember when only a month or two before. My DD was not gaining weight as expected so the doctor gave the go ahead. We also start peanut butter a little early to for the weight issue.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My husband was laid off when my youngest son was about 7 months old, I wanted to put him on milk because I just couldn't afford the formula, my neighbor was a pediatric nurse, and told me absolutely DO NOT put him on milk, it's dangerous, babies can't digest cows milk properly, and it can cause kidney damage.

Before you consider doing this PLEASE consult your pediatrician.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I started introducing maybe a month or so before he turned 1 just to see how he would do with it. He did great =) But every kiddo is different
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i introduced it around 11 months and then i did a transitioning with the milk after her first birthday. she loved the milk even more then the formula. it was fine.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i did @ her 8 month and boy did she get sick so sick we had to take her to the emergency room @ was there the whole night till 10am next day..
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 11:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i did with my 2 youngest. but only about 3 or 4 weeks before, with the older one it was under a doctors advisement and it was to see how she did with it. with my youngest i did it on my own, to see how she did, she hasnt had any formla since she was about a month old because she was breastfed and i didnt start till about 3 weeks before her 1st birthday and it was very gradual and slow, now she drinks milk during the day and nurses at night.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2010