Did the first BM after labor hurt??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes each time. The stool softeners did help, but it was more of an intestinal pain rather than the actual butthole. If felt like my intestines were bruised. Heck they probably were I had large babies with giant heads :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It was worse to wipe the pee after the episiotomy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yeah. I pushed my son out in 3 pushes. I got BAD hemorrhoids. Stool softeners and Tucks wipes were my friends. No lying, that hurt WAY worse than my vag, which had stitches from a minor tear. Sorry if this is TMI or not what you wanted to hear, but I wish someone had told me that might happen if I pushed too hard. All I kept hearing from the doctor and nurses was "HARDER HARDER!" though.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Nope but they started me on stool softners as soon as I gave birth. But after both of my kids the first BM didn't hurt but man was I scared it would. Good Luck!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A little bit, but the thought of it scared the hell out of me! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• With my daughter.. YES. I was stitched up and even with stool softeners mine didnt exactly "soften" and the first one was awful. With my son I was given a suppository in the hospital and it just flew right through me lol Felt like I was going number 1 rather than number 2 lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Hell yeah! I wasn't out of labor 3 hours and had been constipated... Horror!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Hell yeah it did and I took stool softeners. Not sure if it was because I had a C-section and wasn't eating much the first week or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yah, tucks wipes help
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had an episiotomy with my first and it didn't stop bleeding and heal for 4 months...so basically every time I went #2 it re-opened and bled. Plus I was constipated for days so when I finally went the first time it felt horrible! No episiotomy with my second and it was fine!
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010