What am i supposed to do?

in a week, i'll be homeless. i have no job. 4 months away from graduating college. a 5 year old son. i dont know what to do. i'm calling shelters but the majority of them are full. i dont want to leave this area b/c i need it to be close to my school.. i NEED to graduate. i cant go this far with just one quarter left and drop out! i apply to 20 places a week and i get nothing but scams. its b/c my previous work history sucks.

i have no idea what to do. i cant even give my son to anyone to take care of him for me while i get on my feet. my only option for him, is to give him to the state. i dont want to, but i cant have him be homeless with me. that'd be my final option though... i just hope something comes up before having to make that final decision.

i'm so lost and depressed. so close to self-mulitating, but what good will that do, right? need to be strong, but i'm getting SO weak!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Good Luck! Maybe ask local churches?
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 9:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Is your son in school or daycare? Maybe someone there could help or tell you what your options are. I wish you the very best in this awful situation.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• What area do you live in I live in the GR, MI area I have a basement.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I would check into local churches-most churches will help you out whether you go to their church or not also what steps have you taken for state assistance? If you are a single mother you should be able to get help. You should contact your local social services-that is after all what it is there for-to help people get back on their feet.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Have you checked with the student services at the college? They should have academic advising, psychological services, student support, something. Colleges want people to graduate so I would think it would be in the college's best interest to help you get there since you're so very close. Would you mind saying which college? Or PM me, I work for a women's college so I know how they run. If you can tell me which school I can maybe look around their web site to get an idea what services they offer. Also talk to their financial aid office, they have emergency loans I know for just this reason.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• post area or school you are at , please
    maybe someone can help
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Have you spoken with your university? They may be willing to give you a bursary, scholarship, loan, or housing stipend.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 10:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Is there no kind of government asst./aid that you can get on? I know some moms that got food stamps, actual checks, and gov. housing to where they only paid $50 a month for rent for an apt. Call your local churches and/or women's shelters. LIE to the women's shelter's and tell them you are leaving an abusive relationship if you have to. I admire your selflessness concerning your child, but fight like hell to keep him/her. I wish you the best of luck and I'll say a prayer for you and your child as soon as I hit the "post" button. GOD BLESS!!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Having a homeless status puts you at the top of the Section 8 housing list. I'd sign up for Section 8 so when you finally are without a home. I'd also check in to getting a school loan for enough money to pay rent until school is over as a back up plan.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'd also check with the school bulletin board to see if someone needs a roommate. I had 3 kids and worked. I needed someone to move in to watch my kids while I worked. I know others do that. It's a win/win situation

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010