Does anyone know?

When you fill out birth certificate for your baby at the hospital does your baby has to have same last name as eather parent? My last name is very long so I really want to drop few latters at the end besides that sound much better, Is it legal?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I believe whatever you put down is what counts- so if you make a mistake- oh well... my g-pa's middle name was T because his mom got distracted and never finished that section.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• A nurse in Riverside General Hospital in California once told me when i was filling out my oldest daughter's birth certificate, " This is the United States of America. You can name your baby whatever you want. You can give your baby the last name Rockafeller, as long as you don't put John down as her father!!"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008