Dyson Animal DC28

I am very seriously considering biting the bullet and just buying a Dyson. We have pets (Huskies and cats) and I'm tired of going through $100-$200 vacuums every 6-18 months.

Who has a Dyson and is it really worth the $500 I'm ready to shell out for it? If yours was run over by a Mack truck tomorrow, would you buy another?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a Dyson DC07. I too got tired of replacing sucky vacuums every couple of years. ;-) The cheap ones were so cumbersome and I hated vacuuming with them. I've had my Dyson for 4 years and I just LOVE it. It's a pleasure to use and is so much easier to empty. It picks up dog hair and everything else that gets in its way. I paid about $350 for it and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have heard they are not worth it, I have two dogs, a bunny and a cat we own a dirt devil. I love it I will never by another Oreck again may by a roomba though.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have the Dyson Animal, but not the one with the ball, so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the performance. I love the one I have. It has great suction and really is superior to other vacuums I've had at picking up hair from our long-haired cats. If mine was run over by a Mack truck today (lol), yes, I would buy another one. Also, in case you don't know this, it comes with a full 5-year warranty so you know that you'll have it at least that long, which ends up saving you money in the long run if your cheaper ones are dying every year. I've been there, done that too. I've had my Dyson for just over 3 years and haven't had any problems with it, but the 5 year warranty did help me feel me confident in dropping that kind of cash on it.
    Good luck with whatever you decide!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I also want a good vac and have thought of getting this one myself. I have an Oreck but would not get another because it gets cloged with pet hair to often. I have had it for about 6yrs with one repair needed to the motor and another for a seal in the bag area.
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 9:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• I love my Dyson and think it was worth every penny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2010