Would you vote for this Independent ticket in 2012?

WASHINGTON -- There's no campaign yet, and there may never be, but New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and MSNBC's morning talk-show host Joe Scarborough have begun trying to figure out whether they could be an independent presidential ticket in 2012 -- and who would be better to be on top if it happens.

They're the Odd Couple of Guys Outside the System.

The two are friends and, in both public and private, mutual admirers.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well-placed sources tell The Huffington Post that the mayor and the host have talked about running together, with Bloomberg in the top spot. In an interview, Scarborough, a former GOP congressman from Florida, issued a firm yet carefully-worded denial. "We haven't discussed it directly," he said, adding, "Have people discussed it in his sphere and in my sphere? I think so."

Bloomberg's chief political lieutenant, Kevin Sheekey, did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

On "Morning Joe," Scarborough has repeatedly praised the mayor and talked up the likelihood -- and the necessity -- of an independent presidential bid by someone, even if it isn't going to be Bloomberg leading it.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I have listened to many of Bloomberg's ideas...I agree with many of his political views- I do not know much about JS- I must say though, MB- he really likes to try out each party, I guess-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Interesting
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I feel the same way about both men. I don't agree with everything from either..but I like them,,I would seriosuly consider this ticket

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No, I wouldn't.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• This is the guy that is running the salt will kill you ads paid for by us... along with wanting to not allow people on foodstamps to purchase "sugar sweetened drinks"...

No. I would not vote for him.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Not in a million years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• id give them more thought of my vote than a lot of other politicians. but thats probably b/c i really dont know much about their views.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Not Bloomburg
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2010