Do you watch Dancing With the Stars? If you do, do you feel the show is rigged becaus Bristol Palin is still on?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes I do... And No, I don't think it's "rigged" but I do think WAY to many people are voting for her simply because they are fans of her mother... Apparently LOTS of Tea Partiers love to watch DWTS!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, she is very bad at dancing.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 10:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• On the radio they said people were admitting to voting like 300 times for her because they do not verify the email addresses of the voters, so you can vote over and over. I do not watch and am tired of hearing about it and Bristol.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• And just a reminder........they don't actually win anything. They win bragging rights. They get paid to appear, so there's no additional cash prize for the winner. And did you actually watch her dance on Monday? I was pleasantly surprised! I didn't like Brandy's tango. Just didn't do anything for me. I love Maks, but I never really warmed up to Brandy. I'd like Kyle to win, actually.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I watch. I never liked Brandy or Maks. They both rub me the wrong way...maybe that comes through with the other voters. Honestly I do not think it has anything to do with Mama Palin...not much anyway. People are really giving her too much credit. For someone that is so hated and annoying to just about everyone I know, see and hear online I can't imagine Mama Palin has much to do with it. For as many that vote for her because Palin is her mom, that many vote AGAINST her because of her mom.

Both Brandy and Maks were too cocky and thought they had it in the bag. I think that is a big reason people didn't vote for them.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If you think doing your best is cocky so be it. This is dancing with the stars not dancing with politics. Everyone who watched knows Brandy out danced Palin. Dancing with the Stars is on the same list as American Idol. DO NOT WATCH!!!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• Probably.
    None of the "REALITY" shows are REAL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I agree Daisy, I'm sick of hearing about it too! It was on our Evening news!!! Really! Wait to see the reaction if she wins, lol
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't think it was rigged. I think this season is the season of the underdog (seriously, Kyle AND Bristol in the final?) and we're seeing the result of how Americans voted. DWTS is a microcosm of voting habits in this country and we're seeing what happens when people think "oh Brandy/Audrina/Whomever is so good, they don't need my vote." If you like one of the dancers, you've got to vote for them. Otherwise, you're going to see finals like this one.

On the other hand, Bristol HAS made great strides in the past two weeks. She's still a distant shadow to Jennifer and even Kyle but looking at where she was in week one to where she is this week, she HAS improved tremendously.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I do not think the weighting should be 50/50- how come the experts are not given a bigger voting %? I could see 70/30, IF the dancing skill is what the show is about. Otherwise it's just entertainment and the contestants could be juggling or washing dogs...The "dancing" label is erroneous, IMO.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010