consipation how do you relieve it?

I am in my first trimester and feel really bloated and crampy do to this "issue" I was just wondering what is safe to take to help me get rid of this problem??

nandy90

Asked by nandy90 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pears or pear juice, I swear by it, found it out when my LO was constipated and apparently its good for all ages lol
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had the same problem and my Dr. had me take Colace not sure if I spelled that right
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• For me: Activia yogurt, cheerios, any 'bran' cereal, wheat breads/pasta's. I think the yogurt helped me the most though. Those darn prenatal vitamins like to block me up.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• funny i was about to sj the same question. i havnt gone in 3 full days. what i have found online is to drink saltwater but that doesnt sound safe for pregnancy.its dehydratng.so im still looking for an answer.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• you have to get a prescription for colace don't you?
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 3 days? your lucky i haven't been able to go all week i ate some pasta with butter and garlic tonight and didn't put that much cheese on it so hopefully that helps my mom has some activa yogurt around the house so maybe i will eat that...thanks everyone
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Prunes always did the trick for me.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Make sure you're getting plenty of water and fiber, too. I think you can find Colace OTC, but I could be wrong. Prune juice is safe. Worth asking your midwife/doctor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i tried to eat a prune today and i got it im my mouth and neerly puked.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i haven't been to the doctor yet i took the test at planned parenthood made an appointment for next thursday i know how far along i am and ya water is something i am def. going to have to get used to but its so hard weening myself off of caffine
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010