juvi

I need to know how do you moms deal with kids that have been in a juvenile detention facility arrested for crimes committed. How do you get your kids to deal and try to step forward and move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Also were you fearful for your child wondering if they would do something bad and go back to their hell?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Life is made of choices and sometimes kids don't understand the consequences of their choices. Once in juvi, hopefully they will learn. My grandson was there and refuses to go back so he's learned his lesson.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• how did you deal with it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oh hun, I was a child in Juvi! I was raised by my grandparents, and I was in there forbeing plain bad...lol I even took their car and wrecked it The fact is that I pent a year in Juvi and 2 years in a facility ( Boys ad Girls Town of Missouri) I have to say that my grandparents were very supportive of my treatment, and theynever hid the fact that I was there! I did great, and now i am married, sucessful and have 5 besutiful children! The fact is that you really nee to be involved in his/her treatment, and let them know that you still trust them,and that you have faith that they will get thru this! They REALLY need you at this time! God luck and if you have any questions, I am more than willing to listen!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2010