Rent to own business and a question....

I use to be friends with some ppl and as of now are not anymore, I got a call from a Rent 1st and they were looking for these ppl and I told them they moved out of state which they did and the guy was like are you sure and I know for fact that they did so that is what I told them and he said they used me as a reference, but thats as far as it goes right?? They stole the stuff I will not be in any trouble for not saying anything else will I?? I know it is wrong and I think illegal so they will be the ones on trouble or do places like that just let it go?

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• You are only a reference so you are not responsible for their where abouts. As far as not giving out personal information on where they are if you know I do not think you can get in trouble unless you are supeonoed (sp).
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• They can't hold you responsible, that's as far as it goes.
    But, you must know they are going to probably continue to harass you by phone unless you send them a registered letter telling them to cease and desist.

If you don't know where they are, you don't. Tell them you were just casual acqaintances, that you're mad at them, and don't ever speak to them anymore. If all else fails, tell them to try facebook LOL
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• You wouldn't be in trouble for not giving out the info unless you were talking to the police.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• The other ladies are right, you won't be in trouble and they can't legally ask you for more than that. Sometimes people feel pressure to pay their friend's or family members debt when they get calls like this. Don't do it. It's not your job to take care of them.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2010