What advice do you have about labor and deliver for first time moms?

MsNisha23

Asked by MsNisha23 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get your epidural ASAP! Lay back & enjoy your last moments of quiet!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• lol, is it that bad? I am planning to go all natural and I do plan to relax
    MsNisha23

Comment by MsNisha23 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• if u have an appointment for ur labor try no to eat too much in the last days i heard it will come out with your baby u don't want that... walk a lot... breath in correctly idk if u took some classes on how to breath, have ur bag ready and just remember that everyone goes through it...and everyone is different some women have their baby's fast and some take hrs or even days...good luck!
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 10:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Take Lamaze classes so you can be in control of things

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i just had my first 7 months ago and i went all natural except for the pitocin they gave me but no pain meds....what i did was focus on counting 10 slow deep breaths (in through nose out through mouth) for the duration of each contraction and then waited for the next...the deeper the breaths you take the more relief you get at least in my experience.....i don't remember being in pain i only remember being very uncomfortable....good luck and don't let anyone discourage you if you want to go all natural it is worth it
    ericswifey247

Answer by ericswifey247 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• During birth be open to to Plan B, C or D!! :)
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I did it all natural...it isn't so , so bad,
    I suggest you research everything and make a birth plan. It will help you stay in control of your emotions. The more you know, the better off you will be. Google home births and watch some of the most peaceful births on the planet. Read up on natural births and coping mechanisms. Just keep repeating to yourself, "I CAN do this."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Very helpful answers, thanks everyone for taking time to answer, I will consider all that has been said
    MsNisha23

Comment by MsNisha23 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Be prepared for anything. NEVER assume you can plan it out or be in control. Don't be too firm in your plan, because Baby may have other plans. I had planned to go all natural, and I ended up with every intervention under the sun, and eventually an emergency c-section. Birth CANNOT be planned, and you have to be flexible and go with the flow. I was devastated for a long time, and it still gets me emotional when I get into it.
    Try reading "Birthing From Within" by Pam England. It's a great resource for natural birth, and it's one of the few that doesn't chastise you if you end up having an epidural or a c-section.
    I think you're wise to avoid an epidural. One intervention leads to another, and there are complications associated with an epidural. The baby is also less alert after an epidural. Stand firm on this.
    I hope your birth is everything you imagine it will be! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• thanks and I will look into that book
    MsNisha23

Comment by MsNisha23 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010